THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Living Waters

Whoever drinks from the water that I will give him will never get thirsty again the water I will give him will become a well of water springing up within him for eternal life. John 4:14 (HSB version)

But whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life. (John 4:14, NIV)

But whoever takes a drink of the water that I will give him shall never, no never, be thirsty any more. But the water that I will give him shall become a spring of water welling up (flowing, bubbling) [continually] within him unto (into, for) eternal life. (John 4:14, Amplified Bible)


This passage spoke so strongly to me today when I read it. I couldn't help but think of how the body sustains itself through being nourished and how spiritually we are built the same way.


Our body itself is mostly water and we need to each day replenish that source. Essentially we need some sort of liquid nourishment to sustain our life or we suffer dehydration and our body ends up breaking down.


Same can be said about the spirit. Each day we need to care for The Spirit just the way we would care for our bodies. By taking moments in our busy lives to reflect upon God and His goodness and to read sections of His Word. We are able then to draw refreshment from this eternal spring of water.

Plus unlike the physical water, the Living Water is always sustaining and available even when h20 is not as readily accessible. Even with that easy accessibility it needs to have an even flow pattern. Just like the physical water system we use daily.

When I think of it this way, I think of it in terms of outflow and in flow. The Holy Spirit has infinite reservoirs to draw on. However I feel to balance this flow of Spirit, to draw out something from this reservoir; something also needs to be drawn in as well to balance that.

Which simply means that the more we draw out, the more we should freely give back in our time and energy to God and to others.

God will always make it available to sustain us spiritually. But we in turn need to also freely give our thanks back to Him and always seek out ways to serve Him and show Him our love.

Today I am grateful for His Living Water.

Amen!

Prayer for today" God may I always be a source of your Spirit and freely drink of the Living Waters that you have freely shared with me. May I always freely worship you and put you always first before anything. Plus always remember that I am your servant and a vessel to bring the Living waters to others"

0 comments: